Monday, April 30, 2007

Survey Ultrasound

I had my survey ultrasound on the 25Th which did all the measurements of the baby. They count all the toes and fingers and look for any abnormalities. They scared me because they spent a lot of time looking at the heart and they would not give me any info at the time of the apt. I got a call two hours later and about had a heart attack. It turns out the baby is fine, he is growing well, is about in the 55% in size and they saw no abnormalities. They did see that my placenta is about 2 centimeters away from my cervix and she said it was going to be enough for them to worry about. Worry meaning if I have any bleeding of any kind or of any amount I need to go to labor and delivery right away. Besides that I will redo the test in about 10 weeks to see if placenta has moved up. I read that in 90% of the cases the placenta moves and everything is fine. For some reason it doesn't and moves over the cervix I will have a mandatory C-Section. I am just happy we are having a healthy little munchkin so far!!!

No comments: