Thursday, January 25, 2007

I love to look

I closed the store tonight, something I absolutely hate doing. Shannon was in bed when I got home, which is why I hate closing. Anyway, when I came home there was a little baby outfit with a little baby blanket and a beautiful card from Chris and Laura Churchill. I just stood there and stared at it.
'We're going to put a baby in there.'
It's so awesome.
I went into the bedroom to kiss Shannon goodnight. I used to smile when I looked at her before, but now...I can't help but break my face when I look at her. She's carrying OUR child! A new human is inside of her, breathing out of its little gill looking things and eating what Shannon eats. I love to just look at her now and smile. I can't help it.

4 comments:

Nate said...

Dude! I had no idea. Congrats man! Tell Shanon I said, "good job!"

Na said...

aww. that is the sweetest thing i've heard in a long time now.

kristin said...

Ahhh that is so cute! I am glad my sis is SO loved!

P.S. The baby dos not breath out of those gills. But that was cute.

bran_and_shann said...

what are the gills for? i need to read more about what the baby looks like at different stages and what is forming when. i was talking to riley today about it and he told me some AMAZING things about the heart and some other stuff. learning about the process of a child literally growing from a little cell makes me do nothing but worship the Lord and praise him for his creativity and for making such an amazing thing happen right before our eyes.