Tuesday, April 10, 2007
4 Month Dr Apt
I had my 4 month Dr apt yesterday. All is well. Blood pressure is good and weight gain is good. I think we have decided to get the blood test done to see if any birth defects are noticable. I am having a hard time with this because if for some reason they find something, I will the thought will never leave my mind for the remaining 5 months and that I will not enjoy the rest of my pregnancy. On the other hand if something was to be detected we would be able to be prepared as possible. I need to get the test done before I am 20 weeks. I was given the ok to fly, we will get a written note just in case the airlines have any issue. NY here we come. I think that is all I can remember to say. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hmmm, I never thought of it in that light. Being prepared and knowing all the facts of how to care for a baby with spacial needs if you find something out.
How do they do this test? Is there any risk in getting the actual test done...to the baby?
its only a blood test thank goodness. they take my comments from a survey i did with the results of my blood work and do some mathmatical equation to see if i would be likely to have a child with defects. if i came back positive for that i would go do an ultra sound with a dr not a tech and then go from there.
shannon- we had a new procedure done with Eden when I was earlier than 20 weeks. It was an ultrasound and they measure the back of the baby's neck. I guess this is a new way they can screen for down's and other defects. Did they tell you about this? Hope you are doing well- you will have a baby before you know it! (This is Heidi by the way)
Heidi, I go in on the 25th, where I hope we find out the sex of the baby but they will do a "survey" which is all types of measurements. Bran will sit out in the waiting room for about 15 min while they do this and then they will bring him in and find the sex. Maybe that is where they will measure the sex. I guess I was freaked out because I thought they had to stick a needle in my stomach. Brandon really wants this done we I need to make an apt by before the 20th week. I am struggling with finding out something and then not enjoying the rest of my pregnancy. I will be a worry wort!!!!! Lord willing all will turn out and we will have a healthy baby.
Heidi, I go in on the 25th, where I hope we find out the sex of the baby but they will do a "survey" which is all types of measurements. Bran will sit out in the waiting room for about 15 min while they do this and then they will bring him in and find the sex. Maybe that is where they will measure the sex. I guess I was freaked out because I thought they had to stick a needle in my stomach. Brandon really wants this done we I need to make an apt by before the 20th week. I am struggling with finding out something and then not enjoying the rest of my pregnancy. I will be a worry wort!!!!! Lord willing all will turn out and we will have a healthy baby.
Heidi, how is little Eden? I will be 18 1/2 weeks when I go in to have these measurements done.
Post a Comment