Shannon and I went to the doctors today to see our baby in an ultrasound. I don't care how many of those ultra sounds I see, I am always amazed with the fact that there is a tiny human growing in my wife.
The ultrasound technician was looking around in there, she gave us a good view of the hands, the feet, the head...absolutely brilliant. She then got a view looking straight between the legs of the baby. In the vast space of amniotic fluid, there was something waving around like a stalk of wheat blowing in a summer's breeze. Some would assume it was the umbilical cord; they would be wrong. It wasn't an umbilical cord nor a stalk of wheat. It was...a sign of his masculinity. The child has a penis, we are having a boy.
Sorry, had to say "it." I better get used to it. I know there will come a day when my boy looks up at me and says, "Daddy, what's this?"
At any rate, if you can tell me what the quote from the movie above is, you win.
Thanks for checking in. We're doing well and the baby is healthy; HE is in the 55th percentile in size. I guess when I say "we" are doing healthy, your only concern is for the baby and for Shannon. I know I have nothing to do with it except for making the little guy. Beyond that I am just chopped liver, I know.
Oh, and Shannon's belly is really cute right now. We will try to post some pictures on here, both of her belly and of the new ultrasounds.
Much love, peace and blessings to all of you.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hey brandon, congrats on the new baby and i'm glad to hera that everything is going great. :D
thanks travis! you rule.
oh, and just to avoid confusion, the movie quote i am talking about is the title of the post, "...and may their first child be a masculine child."
It's from The Godfather, right?
DING!
YOU WIN BIG PRIZES. They're in the mail. You still live in Russia, right? Just shipped them out this morning.
To be honest I Googled it!! I had no idea what you were talking about but Google has all the answers. I am so excited about your little boy!
what a cheater! the big man luca brazzi said it to the godfather about sonny corleone's kid. if you haven't seen the godfather, you should. i love those movies.
thanks for the congrats. we're super excited about it. i really can't believe shannon has a person growing in there; it's so ridiculous how the whole thing works! the ultra sound yesterday was just amazing. i love it.
Congrats on the masculine child! I knew the quote without cheating :) I love and miss you guys. When is your Rochester baby shower? Kristin mentioned the first week of July... we are supposed to be on vacation in VA then- so let me know ASAP so I can try to make arrangements! Hugs to you all!!
ps- that whole wheat-in-the-wind thing was quite descriptive. nice.
I am so excited you guys are finally having a child. it is such a blessing. i can't wait to see pictures. much love to you guys both. and a lot of baby love to BABY CAPUANO:)
This is shawna who sent you this message.
Post a Comment